“We are the self-preservation society”…
Darlington Football Club 1883 Limited completed the purchase of the business, assets and goodwill of Darlington Football Club with the intention of carrying on the football club as a going concern.
The funding of 1883 can only come from one place and that’s the fans, the businesses and the community of Darlington…
The support of the fans and community of Darlington was invaluable in making this happen. Unfortunately, as the purchase was completed in a very different manner to that which was originally envisaged, all of the pledged investment has had to be returned.
…now that it’s your club, you have to fund it. We know it can be done…
The support of the fans and community of Darlington is needed to give the football club a future. There are a number of ways that you can get involved in this process of safeguarding the future of the football club (details of how can be found below).
We need to urgently raise the equivalent amount of money that you had pledged on Crowd Cube…
£70k by 31st May 2012
£200k by 30th June 2012
How to “Save Darlo”…
Option 1. Become a Founder Member of the Community Interest Company…
- The 1883 Community Interest Company (CIC) is a company limited by guarantee and has now been set up. Amongst other things, the CIC will be in a position to acquire shares in Darlington FC 1883 on behalf of the members and as the shareholding grows, the CIC will have more and more control of 1883 Limited.
- The CIC will have its own directors to run it elected by their members and they will also have representatives on the DFC 1883 board. The CIC is permitted to own more than 15% of the shares of 1883 Limited.
- The CIC allows the community at large to consolidate their interest in the football club and the community club concept. This will include individuals and bodies such as corporate sponsors, other social groups and clubs. The CIC will serve the community at large and act as a focal point for further community development of sports and associated activities.
- The CIC will also act as the vehicle to attract funding for Darlington FC’s return to the town and the development of a new fit-for-purpose stadium. As the CIC is regulated, is has strict rules that it must adhere to. The CIC is asset locked which means neither its shares nor other assets can be transferred therefore never again can the club be stripped of its assets.
Join your 1883 CIC…
Please visit www.1883cic.org to join the CIC.
Option 2. Support a fan group…
There are 2 fan groups providing fund raising support:
- The Darlington Supporters Club
- Darlo Uncovered
Each has pledged their support to 1883, and they have indicated that it is their intention to seek to use such monies to help fund 1883 CIC. You can gift money to one of these groups and they provide further funding to the CIC.
You can find the details of the fan groups at the bottom of this page.
Option 3. Make a donation…
If anyone wishes to simply donate money to the club then please click on the Paypal link to the right hand side of any page on this website.
Alternatively, you can do a direct bank transfer (which saves on the Paypal fees!) to:
- Account number – 20187379
- Sort code – 09-01-28
- Address – Santander, 43-45 High Row, Darlington
Option 4. Other ways to support…
To discuss other potential ways in which you may introduce funds to help secure the financial sustainability of Darlington FC 1883 Ltd. and promote the success of our club, please contact email@example.com.
Fan Group Information
Darlington Supporters Club
You can invest directly into their bank from your Crowd Cube account or make a payment into their bank either over the counter at your bank or via a bank transfer. The bank details are below. If you make a transfer or deposit to the Supporters Club account it is essential that you include your name as a reference and email Karen with your reference and also the amount you have transferred.
Darlo Uncovered have already raised over £20,000 to help save the football club, some went directly to pay the players and the remainder will be invested into 1883 CIC.
You can get involved with Darlo Uncovered by making a payment to them via Paypal to the email address of firstname.lastname@example.org. If you make a Paypal payment please also email Scott with the details of that payment, including a reference and the amount.